UNIT 9: Evaluation Pre-Production

Evaluation of the advert 




What were the aims of your brief from your chosen advert and did you fulfil them?
The aims of my advert is to promote a drink which was chosen 'Coca Cola' and convince people specially teenagers that it gives you energy and makes you feel vivid. The advert had the purpose to make the audience believe that whenever you feel distressed or tired, coca cola would help you and as soon as you drink it you would feel better and refreshed; What I feel most proud of, is the fact that I could create a completely different advert to the main one I had even though i took less time and I used some of the continuity techniques ive learned and new after effect on the editing bit such as the split screen. Even if it doesn't really show what the point of the advert is, im still proud of myself that i could create a new advert and worked all by myself. 

What were your original ideas about how did these develop throughout the project? 
Well, my initial idea which is shown on the Advert Planning was to be about a little girl who lives the life of a Londoner, showing the audience at her perspective how adults are always busy and never have time for their family, it would have a happy ending since at the end the little girl comes back home from the daily routine of an adult and the family is reunited together due to the game UNO. Due to some unfortunates I had to film again in less time and in under more pressure to finish it the fastest i could and the coca cola advert was the one i had chosen as i thought it wouldn't take much time to film. 


 
How well did you plan out your short film? Evaluate strengths and weaknesses.


 As this was my third time filming i didn't have much weakness apart from the fact that I didn't have much time to create my advert; However the strength were more because i already had a bit of experience in Adobe Premier Pro and in addition I have even learnt by myself how to do a split screen which might not be very professional but i believe i will improve as much as i use the program. 


Which editing skills did you develop and how could you improve in this area?

I practically learnt all my editing skills I have now while editing the last projects, this time i haven't got any help from the teachers or a group because i prefered to do it individually and i found this experience crazy because it was the first time i had to think about every single detail by myself and do everything alone. it was fun and good since I've learnt a lot more than i expected. The most challenging step was creating the split screen using the after effect program and also adding the animation coca cola advert at the end because it had a lot of problems to play.



Feedback

The feedback I got from the audience was satisfactory, most of them said it was interesting and they liked it, they say the song used makes the video a bit more standing and the  camera movements were good. However, some of them said i should focus also on the purpose advert and what is the benefit f the product. Some also said the editing was good. Personally I believe it could be improved if I had chosen something else to work on but it is better than i expected.


Comments

Popular Posts